With every passing season, farmers are facing huge losses in farming. Due to the risk involved in farming sector, new generation is not interest in this field. This phenomena can be understood by these pictures where the new generation did not opt for farming as a profession. The fields and houses of villages near city are filled with abandoned farming instruments and the memories associated with them. Ground Tales brings some photographs with the series Picture Tales to show the emotional connection between farmers and abandoned instruments.
Photos by: Manish Chandra Mishra
- Ground Tales: East Pakistan’s refugee recounts the horror of 1964 communal riots
- Picture Tales #2: Abandoned farming instruments haunt the fields of villages as youth shifts to new professions
- Picture Tales #1: See the disastrous effects of backwater of Sardar Sarovar Dam in villages of Madhya Pradesh
- Folk Trail Episode #3: This indigenous tribe’s cuisine works like medicine
- FolkTrails Episode #2: Feel the soulful music of Gond tribe of Madhya Pradesh